Chlorine Bleach does not kill mold

Chlorine Bleach (sodium hypochlorite 6%) does not kill mold. Why?

Mold’s roots (root structures) actually grow into wood and drywall like roots.

The roots are not killed by bleach because bleach’s ion structure prevents chlorine from penetrating into porous materials such as dry wall and wood.

It stays on the outside surface, whereas mold has protected enzyme roots growing inside the porous construction materials.

When you spray porous surface molds with bleach, the water in the water solution soaks into the wood while the bleach chemical sits atop the surface, gases off, and thus only partially kills the surface layer of mold while the water penetration of the building materials fosters further mold growth.

Chlorine Bleach is NOT a registered EPA mold killing product.

You can verify it yourself when you are unable to find an EPA registration number for killing mold on the label of any brand of chlorine bleach. Why not?

Because it is not effective at killing mold as other EPA approved chemicals.

University Study Discovers Bleach is Ineffective at Killing Mold on Wood and Other Porous Surfaces

“While bleach is often recommended for remediation of surface mold on wood and other porous surfaces, our [university research study] study results illustrate that the treatment does not eliminate the surface microflora,” is the conclusion of the Oregon State University study of the effects of chlorine bleach on mold growth on Douglas fir wood [an important timber crop in the state of Oregon].

The research study was conducted by Professor Jeffrey Morrell, Dept. of Wood Science, Oregon State University, as assisted by Adam Taylor [graduate research assistant] and Camille Freitag [Senior Research Associate], as published in Forest Products Journal, 54:4, 2004.

Water Damage and Mold Treatment Products
1-866-370-2499 9AM-5PM EST M-F
Questions about Your Particular Application? email: info@traskresearch.com

The #1 Choice for Water Damage Professionals
Impactâ„¢ Fungicide Mold Killer

Fungicide – Moldicide – Cleaner – Sanitizer
Impactâ„¢ is a concentrated EPA registered mold killer concentrate which disinfects, prevents, and kills all mold and mold spores on materials subject to fungal contamination.

Click here to see what the EPA has to say about Mold in your home. The fungicide is sprayed wet onto moldy surfaces and moldy building materials.

Impactâ„¢ kills ALL mold species, including the deadly toxic black mold Stachybotrys or Black Mold, Aspergillus, Penicillium, and other toxic molds.

Like all fungicides, Impactâ„¢ can only kill mold spores and mold colony growths with which it comes into actual contact with. 1 gallon of concentrate makes up to 65 gallons of mold killer [2 ounces of Impactâ„¢ per gallon of water] for $119.95. It is also available in 5 gallon pails for $479.95.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *