Items to look for in a miter box.
1. Is the backrest high enough to do crown molding as lest 3 1/2″?
2. Does the turntable move freely or can the dust and cut offs get under the
backrest and the turntable?
3. Can you lock the turntable at 1/10 of a degree at a time?
4. Does the miter box allow you to set the blade depth as to kurf a board
or notch the backside of a baseboard?
5. Are you able to set the turntable as 69 degrees both ways, all the miter
boxes I know of can not do this yet. When you are doing beam ceiling
with 45degree boxes the miter angle is 67 1/2 degrees this angle is used
a lot on a 6 ply beam build up?
6. Can the bevel turn to 50 degrees both directions?
7. Does the slide arm have a second dairy lock for custom cutting?
To date I have used several different types and brands of miter boxes not one is perfect but the Dewalt Series of miter boxes are a delight to work with.